Sunday, September 16, 2007

Introducing, Jyvaskyla !

Realized I have not mentioned exactly
what and where Jyvaskyla is..
Assuming not many people know about it,
I would like to briefly introduce the beautiful city
I will be living in for the next 11months or so !
(At least the people I know don't know much about it;;)

From wikipedia I quote, "Jyväskylä is a city located in central Finland, 147 km from Tampere and 270 km from Helsinki, near the lakes Päijänne and Keitele." and "At the end of 2004,
Jyväskylä had a population of 83,582."

Okay. I think that's it... (Just too lazy to get more info)


From what I've seen so far, it is a quite small town(city?) with a lot of young people with blonde hair and blue eyes.kkk

The place I love most in Jyvaskyla is the lake next to our campus. It is so beautiful and so fine especially on sunny days. I would love to go for a run along the lake or something but I just can't seem to find the time. (I know, excuses excuses excuses-_-;;)




I haven't been able to see the town thoroughly yet, but so far very small but very beautiful!

University of Jyvaskyla, the school I study in, has almost 16,000 students enrolled and has 400 international exchange students so.. I would say that is a lot. Loving the international student atmosphere =) MANY MANY students from within Europe so that's kind of interesting in a way.

Loving it so far. Hoping to love it more.

No comments: